Vital fundraising and support for the Museum
About the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum
The Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum are a fantastic organisation of loyal supporters. They provide invaluable assistance by raising thousands of pounds each year to keep the Museum going by selling goods through their Friends Centre Shop, organising fundraising events and attending local shows and events every year and would really appreciate your support. Membership is free. You can sign up here
The Friends can and do act as a conduit for anyone wishing to provide a donation towards the Museum but who wish their donation to remain anonymous. We can liaise with the Museum on your behalf, claim the Gift Aid, and release the funds as and when the Museum needs them, whilst maintaining your confidentiality.
Friends of the Museum Events 2021
The Annual Auction has been booked for Saturday 20th November.
Other fundraising or social events will be arranged when Covid restrictions are lifted.
Friends Annual General Meeting 2021
The 38th Annual General Meeting of the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum was held via videoconference on Friday 19th March 2021.
The meeting included a report on the financial results for the year ended 31st October 2020. The Treasurer highlighted that despite the unusual year, the Friends had managed to support the work of the Museum by over £33,000. This included funds raised at the Auction in November 2019, sales of jam and stock from the Friends Centre, and some very generous anonymous donations.
The annual accounts were duly adopted and the committee was elected for the ensuing year. Diane Thomas was elected as Chairman, Dick Lister was re-elected as Treasurer and Tricia Phillips re-elected as Secretary. The following members were also re-elected: Doreen Toomey, Judy Snook, Alison Farlie and Barbara Hayes. There are vacancies on the committee and new members can be co-opted during the year, so if you are interested in getting more involved in the running of the Friends, please contact our Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org
200 Club Draw 2021-22
The Monthly draw gives 2 prizes of £20 and £15. In addition, an Annual draw will take place at the Friends AGM in March 2022, with 3 prizes of £100, £50 and £30.
The winners for the first quarter of the year are:
April: No. 13 – Mr M Batchelor No. 88 – Mrs C Pamington
May: No. 34 – Dr K Baggaley No. 37 – Mrs J B McCarthy
June: No. 08 – Miss J R Carr No. 78 – Mr G Howell
How can you help us as a Friend?
There are several ways in which you can help us and we hope you will find something among the suggested list below that appeals to you.
- Stewarding the Maidenhead Pavilion Friends Centre (The Friends’ own charity shop at the Museum) especially at weekends and during the week in school holidays. If interested contact Diane Thomas via the Museum or email: email@example.com
- Donating unwanted presents, good condition bric-a-brac, books and toys to sell in the Friends Centre. You can leave all donations (no clothes please!) at the ticket office or bring into the Friends Centre if open. If bulky, please contact Diane Thomas (as above)
- Growing plants to sell at the Friends Centre (contact Diane Thomas, as above)
- Joining the team of jam/marmalade makers whose produce is sold in the Friends Centre. Clean jars and labels are supplied and you can be reimbursed for ingredients.
- Manning stalls at local fetes and shows to promote and raise the profile of the Museum
- Making cakes to sell
- Supporting us at social and fundraising events
- Joining the Friends Committee – we currently have vacancies.
If you can help, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact as above.
Contacting the Friends
If you would like to contact the Friends of the Museum, please email email@example.com or write to the Secretary, Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum, Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, Chalfont St Giles, HP8 4AB.