Vital fundraising and support for the Museum
About the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum
The Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum are a fantastic organisation of loyal supporters. They provide invaluable assistance by raising thousands of pounds each year to keep the Museum going by selling goods through their Friends Centre Shop, organising fundraising events and attending local shows and events every year and would really appreciate your support. Membership is free. You can sign up here
The Friends can and do act as a conduit for anyone wishing to provide a donation towards the Museum but who wish their donation to remain anonymous. We can liaise with the Museum on your behalf, claim the Gift Aid, and release the funds as and when the Museum needs them, whilst maintaining your confidentiality.
Friends of the Museum Events 2022
Cake Stall and Tombola – 23rd and 24th July
at the Museum’s Classic Vehicles Show
Annual Auction – Saturday 12th November
at Chalfont St Peter Community Centre, SL9 9QX
For further information or to offer items for sale as a donation or on a percentage basis, please contact Cris Claxton Stevens at firstname.lastname@example.org
200 Club Draw 2022-23
The monthly draw awards 2 prizes, one of £20 and one of £15. In addition, an annual draw will take place at the Friends AGM in March 2023, with 2 prizes of £100 and £50.
Winners for the first quarter of the year:
April: No. 82 – Ms S M Morrison No. 75 – Mr R Crombie
May: No. 64 – Mrs L Cooke No. 53 – Mrs D Thomas
June: No. 73 – Mr S Hatfield No. 5 – Mrs I Crosby
Friends Annual General Meeting 2022
The 39th Annual General Meeting of the Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum was held at the Museum on Friday 11th March 2022.
The meeting included a report on the financial results for the year ended 31st October 2021. Despite Covid restrictions on activities and fundraising, sales from the Friends Centre charity shop amounted to nearly £8,000 – helped by the large number of good quality items donated. Sales also included 160 jars of jam made by just 4 dedicated volunteers, from fruit mainly grown in the Museum’s allotments and gardens, and plants donated by supporters or grown on site. In addition, the Quiz Supper, proceeds from the 200 Club and some generous donations enabled the Friends to provide support to the Museum of over £15,000 during the year.
The annual accounts were duly adopted and the committee was elected for the ensuing year. Diane Thomas was re-elected as Chairman, Dick Lister was re-elected as Treasurer and Tricia Phillips re-elected as Secretary. The following members were also re-elected: Doreen Toomey, Alison Farlie and Barbara Hayes. Debi Zealey volunteered to join the committee and was duly elected. There remain vacancies on the committee and new members can be co-opted during the year, so if you are interested in getting more involved in the running of the Friends, please contact our Secretary at email@example.com
How can you help us as a Friend?
There are several ways in which you can help us and we hope you will find something among the suggested list below that appeals to you.
- Stewarding the Maidenhead Pavilion Friends Centre (The Friends’ own charity shop at the Museum) especially at weekends and during the week in school holidays. If interested contact Diane Thomas via the Museum or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donating unwanted presents, good condition bric-a-brac, books and toys to sell in the Friends Centre. You can leave all donations (no clothes please!) at the ticket office or bring into the Friends Centre if open. If bulky, please contact Diane Thomas (as above)
- Growing plants to sell at the Friends Centre (contact Diane Thomas, as above)
- Joining the team of jam/marmalade makers whose produce is sold in the Friends Centre. Clean jars and labels are supplied and you can be reimbursed for ingredients.
- Manning stalls at local fetes and shows to promote and raise the profile of the Museum
- Making cakes to sell
- Supporting us at social and fundraising events
- Joining the Friends Committee – we currently have vacancies.
If you can help, please send an email to email@example.com or contact as above.
Contacting the Friends
If you would like to contact the Friends of the Museum, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or write to the Secretary, Friends of Chiltern Open Air Museum, Chiltern Open Air Museum, Newland Park, Gorelands Lane, Chalfont St Giles, HP8 4AB.