Family activities and resources at COAM
Chiltern Open Air Museum is a great day out for the kids as well as the rest of the family. There are lots of hands on activities for you to do and lots of space and woodlands to run around and explore. We also run lots of family workshops and experience days, as well as archaeological digs.
Activities Available Everyday at the Museum
- Explore our woodland trails
- Pick up an eye spy activity sheet from our ticket office
- Construct model buildings in our Northolt barn
- Try on our RAF costumes
- Take selfies in our Victorian hats
- Play with our historic toys and games
- Play in our adventure playground
- Purchase a family guide from the ticket office and learn more about our buildings
- Say hello to our farm animals
- Explore all our historic buildings and imagine what it was like to live in them
- Follow our sensory trail (you can pick up a map from our ticket office)
- Have a go at orienteering (download your maps for free here or you can purchase one at our ticket office)
- You can download more site trails here
Family Activity Days
Every Tuesday in Bucks school holidays we run special themed family craft and activity days all organised by the Museum’s award winning education team. All Terrific Tuesday activities and crafts are included as part of our admission price. Have a look at our events pages to find out the dates and themes.
Living History and Events
We have lots of living history and special events planned including May Day celebrations, Roman Gladiators, Tudor Courtroom and Ragged Victorians. Please see our events section for our full program.
Family Workshops and Experience Days
We offer a variety of workshops for both adults and children. If you’re looking for something special we also offer special family experience days in historic baking, prehistory and bushcraft.